If you aren’t squatting, you’re doing it wrong!
If you sit to poop, you don’t know squat about pooping. Squatting makes pooping easier and faster in the following four ways:
- In the squatting position, gravity does most of the work. The weight of the torso presses against the thighs and naturally compresses the colon. Gentle pressure from the diaphragm supplements the force of gravity.
- Squatting relaxes the puborectalis muscle, allowing the anorectal angle to straighten and the bowel to empty completely.
- Squatting lifts the sigmoid colon to unlock the “kink” at the entrance to the rectum. This kink also helps prevent incontinence, by taking some of the pressure off the puborectalis muscle.
- Squatting simultaneously closes the inlet valve, to keep waste from pushing back up into the small intestine, and opens the outlet valve, to allow wastes to pass freely out of the body. The sitting position defeats the purpose of both valves, making elimination difficult and incomplete, and increasing the risk of waste backing up into the small intestine where it should not be.
The Squatty Potty line of toilet stools enables you to simulate the squatting position using your standard sit-down toilet. In a way, it gives you the best of both worlds — the benefits of squatting with the comfort of sitting. But what’s really best: sit, full squat, or somewhere in between? The research is somewhat limited, but the evidence suggests that the optimal elimination posture is a relaxed position as close as possible to a natural squat.
Isn’t it time you enhance your bathroom experience?
NOTE – You will be taken to the Squatty Potty website to make your purchase. We are not responsible for any outcomes (no pun intended). All correspondence regarding your purchase shall take place with them.
Classic Squatty Potty – Get optimal elimination without breaking the bank. Perfect for families of any size.
If you appreciate the simple things in life, then this is your Squatty Potty.
- Durable, built to last
- Family approved
- Easy to clean
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs
Slim Teak Squatty Potty – Modern. Sleek. Slim. Our new style of Squatty Potty speaks to your urban sensibilities and your appreciation for simple, minimal design. Sculpted out of plywood with a teak finish, this Slim has both form and function.
- Sculpted plywood
- Teak finish
- Easy to clean
- Ergonomic design
Porta Squatty – Now you can enjoy the benefits of squatting no matter where the road takes you. If you travel or simply prefer to tuck it away, Porta-Squatty is the perfect companion. It easily folds up and fits into a discreet carrying bag. The Porta-Squatty is so compact, you can take it anywhere … just unfold and go!
- Strong, durable plastic
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Discreet carrying bag included
- Easy to clean and store
- Perfect for the traveler or those with smaller bathrooms
Frequently Asked Questions
Squatting Is The Healthy, Natural Way To Eliminate
How Do I Get The Best Results?
Relax! The optimal elimination posture is a relaxed position as close as possible to a natural squat. Squatting becomes easier with continued use as your body adjusts to the new Squatty Potty® toilet posture.
How Do I Use It?
Start with your Squatty Potty ® stored under the toilet. Take a seat. While sitting, pull the Squatty Potty® out to a comfortable distance and place your feet on the foot rests.
Remember, the more you simulate a natural squat position, the better.
Which Size Will Work With My Toilet?
The Squatty Potty® works perfectly with ANY standard toilet. A 7″ Squatty Potty works with both standard (14″-15.5″) and comfort height (16″-18″) toilets.
How Often Should I Use My Squatty Potty?
Use the Squatty Potty every time you go to the bathroom… even when you tinkle!
Is There A Bulk Discount?
Yes, we do offer a bulk discount. The more you buy, the more you save. We make it easy and convenient to put a Squatty Potty in every bathroom in your home.
What Should I Expect?
The Squatty Potty® may feel different at first, but the body quickly adjusts and the new healthy way of eliminating quickly becomes second nature. For most people, the difference is immediate while for some it takes about a week to adjust, relax and get things moving.
How Do I Clean It?
For those who sprinkle when you tinkle, clean your Squatty Potty® with your favorite toilet cleaner and a soft rag.
How Do I Return It?
Squatty Potty offers a 60 day, hassle free, money back guarantee. Simply return it for any reason and they will credit the full purchase price (less S&H).
Speak Up and Stay Alive is not part of the sale or return transaction.